While Vitamin E, or tocopherol, isn’t a hot new ingredient or the latest beauty buzz word, it’s the vitamin that has been working away; minimizing your fine lines, protecting you from UV light and helping your hair to grow long and strong since way back.
Vitamin E is found in our go-to beauty eye creams, serums and moisturizers, supplements or in healthy foods such as: 🥝🥑🥦🥚🍿🥜🌰🥭 Upping the dose of these guys is a great way to ensure we’re getting the recommended daily allowance and accessing all the benefits Vitamin E has to offer.
Here’s the lowdown on some of the great things Vitamin E does for our hair and skin:
VITAMIN E AND YOUR HAIR
HAPPY SCALP: The antioxidants in Vitamin E work to repair cells damaged by free radicals, while moisturizing and conditioning skin to create a healthy scalp environment.
LONG AND LUSH: Vitamin E stimulates blood flow. When used topically on scalp, Vitamin E increases blood flow and promotes growth.
FIT AND STRONG: Antioxidant properties can help reduce the breakdown of hair follicle cells leading to healthier stronger hair.
SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND:Protecting lipids from oxidation by free radicals means shinier hair.
DAMAGE CONTROL: Vitamin E protects hair from damage preventing breakage and split ends down the track.
WHO NEEDS IT?
- Products containing Vitamin E can be used by any hair type.
- For concerns such as a dry or irritated scalp, Vitamin E can soothe irritation and support a healthy scalp.
- Dry, damaged or coarse hair and need added moisture and shine then you could benefit from it too.
- To plump up fine hair, using a shampoo & conditioner containing Vitamin E will help to encourage growth.
VITAMIN E AND YOUR SKIN
BARRIER BOOSTER: Vitamin E helps to keep your skin’s lipid barrier intact – by keeping it intact, it seals in moisture giving skin a soft and radiant appearance.
HEAL AND SOOTHE: The antioxidant is able to boost your skins healing process. Helping to repair damaged skin cells, soothe irritation and reduce inflammation.
UV PROTECTION: Vitamin E is commonly used in the prevention of UV damage. When it’s worn in or under your sunscreen, it boosts protection by absorbing the energy from the ultraviolet light. When Vitamin C is included in the mix it becomes even more effective in decreasing sunburned cells.
DO I NEED IT?
- Aging skin loves Vitamin E for supporting moisture retention and reducing fine wrinkles.
- Inflamed skin can benefit hugely from the soothing power of Vitamin E.
- Dry skin gets extra protection from dehydrating free radicals with the hard-working antioxidant power of Vitamin E.
- Sun Sensitive skin gets an extra boost of UV protection from a Vit E -Vit C super combo.
If you have sensitive skin, are unsure or have underlying medical issues we recommend consulting with your GP